Spring is a great time of year to enjoy working as a healthcare traveler. With the dreary, cold winter days over, it’s time to enjoy your destination. Springtime brings warmer weather, more daylight hours, and spring holidays. Whether you are just starting a travel assignment or are in the middle of one, be sure to enjoy springtime in your new city. Consider some of the suggestions below.
- Head Outside. It may seem like a no-brainer to spend some time outside during the spring, but it is not always easy to find the time. Between your shifts at work and other responsibilities, it can be hard to find time to just go for a walk. But make it a priority to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.
- Plant a Garden. Spring is the perfect time to plant some flowers or vegetables. If your living arrangements don’t include a yard with space for a garden, you can still enjoy planting. A small herb garden or a few potted plants don’t take up much space and still make it feel like spring.
- Enjoy Seasonal Food. Certain foods, such as peaches, strawberries, and plums, are best during the spring months. Visit local farmers’ markets and fruit stands in order to enjoy some of the freshest seasonal foods.
- Eat Outdoors. Eating good food is enjoyable. Eating good food outside under the stars or warm sunshine is even better. There are plenty of ways to enjoy a meal outside during the spring. Have a picnic, clambake, or barbecue at the beach, park, or lake. If you’re more of a city person, find an outdoor sidewalk café and people watch.
- Attend a Local Springtime Festival. Many communities hold annual festivals in the spring. Check with your local chamber of commerce, city website, or ask the locals what festivals are a must see. Earth Day, Easter, and Mother’s Day community events may also be a nice way to spend a spring day in your new city.
- Engage in Springtime Cleaning. Spring is a great time to clear out what you don’t need. After being closed up all winter, it’s nice to open the windows and give your home a thorough cleaning. Clean the carpets. Do the windows and clean in those hard to reach places. Move furniture around or buy a few new decorations to make your home feel fresh.
- Get Active. If you are big into sports or fitness, spring may mean more time spent outside being active. If your more of a couch potato, spring is the perfect time to start being active. Enjoy a hike, walk, or bike ride outside before the summer weather gets too hot.
- Take a Road Trip. The sun is out, and the weather is beautiful. What are you waiting for? Grab a few friends and head out of town for a quick spring break. Visit a nearby city, take a trip to a beach, or go camping. After being cooped up inside for the winter, it will feel great to get out and enjoy yourself.