If you have a healthcare traveler in your life, there are plenty of great ideas for the perfect gift. If you are looking for a holiday gift, birthday gift or a little present to wish them well on their new assignment, check out the following gift ideas that are healthcare traveler-friendly:
A Touch of Home
Pretty items for the home can make the perfect gift for a healthcare traveler. Turning a new apartment into a homey environment takes a little effort and a few special items, such as the following:
- Candles, pictures and wall art: Any type of decorative item that can give a new apartment the feel of home makes a nice gift.
- Care packages: Consider putting together a package of favorite snacks or items, things that can’t be found at your traveler’s new location. A package of favorites can be a nice taste of home.
Sometimes a practical item makes the perfect gift for a friend or family member. It’s always important to keep in mind the relationship with the recipient and the occasion. For instance, a fancy travel mug for your nephew’s birthday may be acceptable. But the same gift for your wedding anniversary may not go over too well. Consider some practical gifts including:
- Journals: Writing about experiences as a travel is a way to remember the experience and people met along the way. Travel journals can range from simple to expensive leather-bound books. They can also be personalized in order to be just right for the recipient.
- Travel accessories: It makes sense to get a healthcare traveler items that make travel more comfortable or easier. Items such as toiletry kits and luggage may seem too practical, but can be the perfect gift for a traveler.
- Medical Items: Although medical equipment, such as a stethoscope, may not seem like a great gift idea, depending on the occasion, it can be just right. For example, a quality stethoscope can be expensive and may be appreciated.
The healthcare traveler in your life will probably want to get out and explore their new city. When choosing a gift, consider their location to come up with some ideas, such as those below.
- Gift cards: Gift cards make a nice gift for a healthcare traveler. With a little research, you can determine what restaurants and shops are located near your loved one’s travel assignment.
- A night out on the town: Consider arranging a night out on the town as a gift. Pay for a concert, sporting event or the theater. If your budget allows, add in dinner or even a limousine ride.
- Tours: Another idea for a fun gift is a gift certificate for a tour of your loved one’s new city. Many cities have a variety of tours including Segway, walking and food tours, which are fun ways to get to know the area.
Keep in mind, not all gifts have to be a physical item. Sometimes the best gifts are simple and meaning gestures. Go for a surprise visit, write a poem, or make a donation in your loved one’s name.