School and Education Jobs in Cheektowaga, New York
Cheektowaga, NYSchools - RN Nurse Contract 20 days ago
Cheektowaga, NYSchools - RN Nurse Contract 24 days ago
Full Time School Based Nurse Practitioner Needed Near Cheektowaga, New YorkApply
Sunbelt is actively recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner for a school based job near Cheektowaga, New York. This is a full time job with a schedule of Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
Duties of NP may include but are not limited to:
- Providing physicals: Committee on Special Education (CSE), Sports, and Working Papers
- Providing referrals to Primary Care Providers
- Communicating with school nurse to provide follow-up on referrals
- Signing CSE orders
- Participating as a member of a sub-committee of the School Health Council
- New York State Licensed, Certified and Registered
- Pediatric experience
- Graduated from a Nurse Practitioner program accepted by New York State Education Department (NYSED) or be certified as a nurse practitioner by a national certifying organization acceptable to NYSED
- Commute between school locations near Cheektowaga, New York
I. STUDENT PHYSICALS AND GENERAL CARE
- To provide annual physical examinations and to ensure examinations provided by student's private physician are adequate.
- To provide physical examinations for student working permits.
- Provide referrals to primary care physician
- To conduct examinations as a result of referrals by teachers or other staff members.
- To act as liaison between the District and the student's personal physician(s).
- To recommend the exclusion or readmission of pupils in connection with any infections or contagious disease.
- To assist the administration in determining appropriateness of special accommodations for children with bona fide medical needs, such as one-on-one monitors, door-to-door transportation, home instruction, chronic school absenteeism, school refusal, or behavioral and mental health concerns that pose a threat to a student or school community, etc.
II. ATHLETIC PROGRAM
- To examine participants in competitive sports according to State Education regulations.
- To examine athletes after injury and/or severe illness to determine fitness for further competition.
III. SPECIAL EDUCATION
- To conduct examinations as required for Committee on Special Education (CSE) student referrals/reviews.
- To participate as an active member of the CSE per Part 200 Regulations of the Commissioner.
- To provide consultation to CSE and liaison between the District and the student's personal physician(s).
- To attend those CSE meetings as required by State Regulations and requested by the District.
VI. PUBLIC HEALTH
- To provide timely oversight on issues of public health concern.
- Participate in crisis management team, such as pandemic planning, emergency sheltering or evacuation of students with special health care needs.
- Aide administration with nursing staff development programs, parent education meetings, and policy development on matters related to health and safety.
- To advise the district on the validity of requests for medical exemptions to vaccinations.
For more information regarding this full time school based Nurse Practitioner job near Cheektowaga, New York, please contact our National Hiring Manager, Jonathan Johnson.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.