Location: Altoona, WI
Virtual Bilingual Spanish Speech Language Pathologist Job with Wisconsin Schools
School district seeking a bilingual Spanish Speech Language Pathologist for a full-time tele-therapy job in Wisconsin. This is a tele-therapy job allowing SLP to virtually work from home while servicing students in school.
The Speech Pathologist will virtually perform screenings, assess condition, and design therapy and treatment plans to help students develop necessary speech skills for the district's Spanish population.
To succeed in this job, you need be able to develop and be flexible with treatment plans to best suit the individual needs of the student population. While working with children you need to be caring, adaptable, patient, and resourceful. Tele-therapy positions also require a great deal of communication to effectively serve students, faculty, and parents.
Speech Language Pathologist Job Responsibilities:
Diagnosing, treating, and preventing speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
- Creating treatment and therapy plans to suit the individualized needs of a diverse population of students.
- Performing screenings to detect voice or speech disorders.
- Educating students and family members about speech disorders and causes, including disabilities and traumatic events.
- Keeping detailed records relating to student conditions, care plans, therapies, and progress.
- Regular meetings with teachers, students, and parents/guardians.
Tele-therapy Speech Language Pathologist Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology (or related field)
- Valid WI state license or certification.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in schools
- Strong understanding of speech-related conditions, causes, and treatments.
- Excellent coaching and verbal and written communication skills.
- Attentive and caring with the ability to develop individualized education plans (IEPs)
- Previous tele-therapy experience a plus, though not required
- High Speed Internet
- Own computer with Mac or Windows operating system
- Technically Savvy
- Highly efficient and organized
For immediate consideration for the Tele-therapy Speech Language Pathologist Job in Wisconsin, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813.792.3426.
Veronica Gaucher | National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled