Location: The Woodlands, TX
The Woodlands, TX Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
I am actively interviewing for a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology near The Woodlands, TX. This will be a full-time position for the 2010-2020 school year. The Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) is a member of the multidisciplinary team that is responsible for the evaluation and identification of the 13 eligibility areas recognized by TEA as requiring specially designed instruction.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct legally defensible evaluations for students suspected to require specially designed instruction in addition to re-evaluations for students identified as requiring special education and related services within state and federal timelines.
- Serve as a member of the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee for students who have identified emotional/behavioral needs, including those who require a supplement to the code of conduct (i.e., Behavior Intervention Plan) and an Autism ARD Supplement.
- Conduct evaluations (e.g. Functional Behavioral Assessments) to guide ARD/IEP Committee decisions regarding emotional/behavioral programming.
- Provide consultation to teachers, parents, administrators, and other campus staff regarding the implementation of IEP emotional/behavioral supports.
- Provide direct skill instruction to students and involved stakeholders to facilitate students’ progress within their IEP.
- Maintain documentation related to evaluations in progress, completed evaluations, and psychological service time provided to students (documentation to be produced upon request by Coordinator of Appraisal and Psychological Services or as otherwise needed).
- Provide consultation to campus-based Behavior RtI and 504 Coordinators and Administrators
- State of Texas Licensed Specialist in School Psychology License
- This opportunity can be extended to trainees who have COMPLETED AN INTERNSHIP
If you are interested in this Full-Time Licensed Specialist in School Psychology job near The Woodlands, TX area, please send an updated resume to email@example.com or contact me directly at 813-792-3443.
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled