Location: Chicago, IL
Sterile Processing Manager - Chicago, ILApply
- the management and facilitates production and quality within contracted facilities. Ensures customer’s expectations are met by managing activities and complying with contractual obligations. Provides on-site support, training and communication to contracted facilities SPD management and personnel. Ensures SPD compliance with the Department of Health, JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facility policies and procedures. If assigned to travel, this position may require up to 100% travel.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of the OR/SPD Division’s processes and the ability to manage, train and implement in a contracted facility.
- Develops and enforces the implementation of policies, new processes, procedures, product conversions, new services and programs in conjunction with the contract and Instrument Processing to improve client service.
- Implements an efficient means of communicating with contracted facility, Instrument Processing employees, and Instrument Processing management to ensure quality. Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with contracted facility management to provide timely updates of project objectives and resolve any barriers. Conducts meetings with Instrument Processing employees on a regular basis to communicate timely updates of project objectives and resolve any barriers.
- Interviews, hires, assists with training, coaches and disciplines employees to meet company objectives and customer requirements. Direct manages personnel of contracted facility if outsourced.
- Provides weekly updates to DSPW and submits to Instrument Processing Corporate in a timely manner.
- Reviews/updates the implementation plan weekly to ensure target dates are met and barriers identified.
- Abides by all company and contracted facility safety and health policies, and procedures.
- Maintains professional relationships with all contracted facilities departments, as necessary and within contractual guidelines, to ensure effective, efficient support to the patient caregivers as it relates to the scope of the contract.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the facility contract and the project implementation plan.
- Educates and assists in training of client facility management staff in all aspects of contracted services. Conducts facility employee assessment to develop baseline knowledge level to identify opportunities for education/training to improve SPD processes.
- Manages contracted facilities within budget as specified in facility contract and initial costing performance statements; maintain systems for the preservation of IMS and client facility resources such as surgical instrumentation.
- Resolves client issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Submits and tracks contracted facility productivity and statistical reports to Instrument Processing and client as necessary.
- Ensures proper operational processes are followed by all members of the Instrument Processing team in conjunction with the Department of Health JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, AAMI, AORN standards and facilities goals and policies.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of all administrative documents and functions (time records, count sheets, inventories, billing, etc.) required by the contracted facility and Instrument Processing corporate.
- Ensures proper training of Instrument Processing employees. Ensures that monthly in-service programs are being conducted and documented.
- Ensures proper Instrument Processing coverage at the facility.
- Provides supervision and coordination of SPD team including coordinators and technicians at the assigned facilities. May supervise facility staff if contract calls for outsourcing.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of Sterile Processing Department experience required
- 2 years in an SPD supervisory/leader position.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; instrument tracking systems and employee management systems.
- Must be capable of learning additional software as required.
- Active certification in sterile processing/central sterile via CBSPD or IAHCSMM required.
- If not certified at point of hire, it must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Additional certification for SPD Management/Leadership is preferred.
- If assigned to travel, must maintain valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and be available to operate a vehicle as needed to meet travel requirements.
- Extensive medical instrument knowledge.
- Knowledge of sterilization and processing equipment.
- Knowledge of healthcare logistics and supply chain management.
- Extensive knowledge of Sterile Processing, Operating Room and Material Management functions.
- Must meet with contracted and potential clients, develop and consult on presentations relating to the department’s functions. Must possess the ability to teach central processing certification courses.
- Ability to manage the day-to-day operations of multiple healthcare central sterile/sterile processing departments; ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment on a daily basis.
Nursing - Sterile Processing Tech Direct Hire 12 days ago
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply