Location: Greenley, CO
Sign Language Interpreter Tutor - Full Time - Windsor, CO
I am hiring for a Full Time Educational Sign Language Interpreter Tutor. This Full Time position will be located near Windsor, CO. The position will be for the 2019-2020 academic school year. The details of the position are below:
- Adapts language level to communication needs of the student for the purpose of ensuring optimum visual communication.
- Assists as a resource to regular education for the purpose of orienting staff to the functions of an interpreter.
- Assists in modifying classroom logistics for the purpose of meeting the needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Assists students who are deaf or hard of hearing in academic and non-academic activities, individually or in groups (e.g. regular classroom, library, computer lab, cafeteria, recess, sports, music, assemblies, special events, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Interprets or transliterates all language necessary during classroom instruction for the purpose of facilitation effective communication.
- Maintains daily notebook/log for the purpose of providing assistance as needed and ensuring a safe and positive learning environment.
- Participates in meetings (e.g. in-service, workshops, IEPs, parent/teacher meetings, etc. as requested) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information related to the general goals of education to parents and/or students who may be deaf or hard of hearing.
- Prepares for daily classroom lectures and activities (e.g. appropriate lighting, seating, optimum visual, etc.) for the purpose of providing a clear understanding and interpretation.
- Provides support/tutoring to students who are deaf or hard of hearing for the purpose of facilitating communication and/or reinforcing classroom objectives under the direct supervision of the teacher of the deaf/hard of hearing.
In order to be FULLY qualified for this position, you must have the following:
- Valid Colorado Educational Interpreter Certification
- Educational Interpreter granted by Colorado Department of Education with a minimum score of 3.5 on the EIPA
- At least an associate degree
If you are interested in this position and would like immediate consideration for an interview for this Full Time Educational Sign Language Interpreter Tutor near Windsor, CO please send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me directly at 813-792-3443.
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled