Location: Lake Forest, IL
Seeking Paraprofessional for Current School Year | Lake Forest, IL | Quick StartApply
Seeking Paraprofessional for Current School Year | Lake Forest, IL | Quick Start
Sunbelt Staffing is dedicated to placing quality healthcare professionals to their dream jobs! With over 30 years as a business, Sunbelt’s priority is to build lasting relationships with healthcare professionals and school districts to facilitate superior services to students in need.
Sunbelt Staffing is currently working with a school district in the Lake Forest, IL area! We are in search of a skilled Paraprofessional for the current semester. We are actively hiring for this full-time role and looking for a candidate to start quickly, as this is an immediate need. This job will run through the end of the current school year and most likely the upcoming new school year. An ideal candidate will bring experience being an Paraprofessional to the table or have experience working with children with disabilities. Candidates must be able to report to work onsite.
- Full-Time: 37.5 hours per week
- Immediate start after finishing onboarding paperwork
- Middle & High School Students
- In-person position
Responsibilities & Assignments
- Monitoring special education students for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment
- Assisting students in participating in classroom routines
- Assist the teacher in the preparation of materials
- Conduct individual and small group instruction under the direction of the teacher
- Assist in behavior management under the direction of the teacher
- Assist in toileting and feeding under the direction of the teacher
- Participate in team planning meetings, staffing, parent conferences as requested by the teacher
- Participate in in-service programs and professional meetings as requested by the teacher
- Participate in vocational instruction within or outside the school facility not to exceed 80% of their working time
- Perform such other duties and services under the supervising teacher’s direction as may be related to the smooth functioning of NSSED according to the designated supervisor
- Assist in lifting students who weigh over fifty (50) pounds
- Work collaboratively with teacher, parents, and support personnel to improve services for students
- Be able to safely restrain students or assist in safe restraint when their behavior plans include physical restraint
- Previous Paraprofessional or Instructional Aide experience or experience working with disabled individuals is strongly preferred
- AA degree, 72 quarter-hour college credits, OR ParaPro Assessment with a score of 461 or higher.
- Proof of High School completion
- Associates Degree or Higher is strongly preferred
- Authorized to work for any U.S. Employer
To be considered for an immediate interview, submit your updated resume to email@example.com and/or call (813)-518-6900. You can also schedule a time to chat at https://calendly.com/alina-rosales-recruiter-sunbelt.
#aba #parapro #hiring #aide #teaching
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply