Job Title: School Social Worker
Job Type: Full Time (School Year)
Location: Evanston, IL
Job Summary: We are currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate School Social Worker to join our team for the 2023/2024 school year, in the Evanston, IL area. As a School Social Worker, you will play a crucial role in supporting the social, emotional, and behavioral well-being of students. Your expertise in counseling, intervention, and collaboration will contribute to creating a positive and inclusive learning environment for our students in the Evanston, IL area.
- Provide direct social work services to students, including individual and group counseling.
- Conduct assessments and evaluations to determine students' social, emotional, and behavioral needs.
- Develop and implement individualized intervention plans and behavior support strategies.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and other support staff to create and implement intervention plans.
- Serve as a resource for parents/guardians, providing guidance and support in addressing students' social and emotional needs.
- Facilitate social skills groups and implement evidence-based interventions to promote positive behavior and social development.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss students' progress, needs, and interventions.
- Collaborate with community agencies and resources to provide additional support for students and families.
- Maintain accurate and confidential student records in compliance with legal and ethical standards.
- Stay updated on current research, best practices, and laws related to school social work.
- working with grade kindergarten through eighth grades.
- Master's degree in Social Work or a related field with a School Social Work specialization and school social work license.
- Previous experience working as a School Social Worker or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of social, emotional, and behavioral interventions for students.
- Familiarity with special education services and individualized education plans (IEPs).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Excellent problem-solving and crisis intervention skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- High level of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
- Elementary School level K-3
- Evanston, IL
- Competitive pay
If you are a licensed/experienced school social worker in the Evanston, IL area, looking to secure a position for the 2023/2024 school year please apply!
Sunbelt is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. No question on the website is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.