Location: Dayton, OH
Respiratory Therapist Adult/Peds
13 weeks RRT needed
1. Ensures accurate and complete Physician prescription. Compares prescription requests with medical record order form and ensures information is complete. Clarifies any discrepancies with Physician.
2. Provides patient/significant other with respiratory education. Explains treatment, tests and equipment uses.
3. Provides prescribed respiratory therapy. Performs bedside vital capacity, inspiratory force; peak flow measurements; administers various oxygen concentrations; aerosol medication devices and mechanical ventilators; supervises oxygen supported ambulation; performs chest physical therapy (cupping and coughing); provides nasotracheal or artificial airway suctioning; performs intubation; performs arterial blood gas puncture and delivers for analysis; documents all activities and patient outcomes/responses per policy and procedure.
4. Maintains mechanical ventilators and respiratory therapy equipment. Tests ventilators for functioning of monitors, oxygen blenders, alarms and leaks. Conducts quick extended and/or short self test on ventilators. Remedies leaks and replaces defective equipment; troubleshoots mechanical problems by performing minor repairs and calibrations. Reports major equipment problems to management.
5. Performs related duties, as required.
- Completion from an accredited respiratory therapist program, required.
- Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board of Respiratory Care, required.
- Licensed as a Respiratory Therapist (RT) in OH State, required.
- Advanced or Basic Life Support certification, required.
Please contact me directly for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled