Location: Chicago, IL
Residential Aide for Homeless Shelter - ChicagoApply
Chicago, IL – Sunbelt is hiring talented and caring individuals looking to make an impact at a men’s homeless shelter in Chicago, Illinois, as a residential aide. Some of the duties and requirements are listed below.
- Provide residents and guests with excellent customer service
- Treat guests in a culturally sensitive manner
- Facilitate intake and departure process as required by policy
- Conduct periodic walking inspections of all areas of the facility for the purpose of identifying and initiating appropriate action (correction, reporting, etc.) of hazards, inappropriate behavior, needed repairs, or other notable conditions
- Assist residents/guests to ensure a safe environment, including compliance with rules and policies
- Respond to emergency situations that may arise, making independent decisions within policy guidelines, as necessary
- Provide crisis intervention and institute security and safety procedures should a critical or threatening situation arise
- Support and supervise volunteers
- Assist with the orientation and training of new staff and volunteers
- Represent programs to other community agencies and representatives in a respectful and positive manner
- Participate in staff meetings
- Maintain service records and required forms and reports in prescribed format
- Comply with shelter procedural requirements, including those set forth in the Policy & Procedure Manual and Employee Handbook
- Provide timely and appropriate notification to police, fire, emergency medical and supervisory authorities
- Perform other duties as requested
- Experience with Customer Service
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time
- Experience working with vulnerable populations preferred!
- First Aid and CPR/AED Certified a Plus!
Please send your resume and 3 references to the email listed below to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledApply