Location: Lynchburg, VA
Radiology Tech-Lynchburg VA
Lynchburg Virginia-Radiology Tech
Day and Night shifts available
Rad Tech Job Description
Independently produces radiographs of the highest possible quality for medical diagnostic purposes, in an atmosphere that promotes high patient satisfaction. Set up and operate x-ray equipment, along with properly positioning the patient, in order to produce high quality diagnostic images in conjunction with the radiologists in the performance of diagnostic procedures. The Clinic Radiology Technologist will be performing medical assisting and clerical work as well as their radiology responsibilities.
• Prepares patients for radiological procedures and conducts x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety
• Uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials
• Ensures radiology equipment is functioning appropriately and reports equipment malfunctions to the Radiology Compliance Manager
• Logs radiologic procedures
• Technologist is responsible for room preparation; i.e., assuring that the supplies necessary for the examination are present and in a state of readiness.
• Performs medical assisting duties to ensure proper patient flow
• Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters relating to personnel and patient PHI (Protected Health Information)
• 2–5 years RT experience
• Thorough knowledge of various medical imaging procedures and equipment including: proper technique and positioning, handling and administering ionizing radiation, radiographic anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology.
• Applicants must be registered by the ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) in the state of Virginia.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
• Knowledge of radiation safety techniques: Collimation, Radiation Monitoring, Protection (Time, Distance, and Shielding).
• Operational knowledge of computerized/digital radiography is preferred
• PACS Operating Knowledge
• CPR certified
Please reach out directly if you meet these qualifications,
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled