Location: Larkspar, CO
Occupational Therapist Needed Near Larkspur,
I am currently interviewing for an Occupational Therapist near Larkspur, CO. The position will be part-time for the academic school year and will include the following responsibilities:
- Provides targeted, evidence-based therapeutic interventions in compliance with Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals and objectives to facilitate student participation and performance within the school environment.
- Completes comprehensive evaluations of fine/gross motor skills and functional abilities for determining program eligibility and developing recommendations for treatment, assistive technology/devices and access to general education curriculum.
- Adapts/modifies the environment to meet individual student needs, helping them function as independently as possible in the school setting.
- Participates in educational team meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations and develop IEP’s with appropriate and achievable goals.
- Provides appropriate direction and supervision of Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) assuming responsibility for the students served by the COTA, as well as assigned ESS teacher assistant(s) and volunteers.
- Responds to inquiries regarding general education students for providing information and/or screening through the RTI (Response to Intervention) process to determine the need for additional support in the general education setting and/or the need for further individualized assessment.
- Maintains files and/or records for ensuring the availability of information as required for reference and/or compliance with professional standards, state guidelines, and school policy.
- Prioritizes and schedules ESS students therapy sessions as dictated by the IEP; Motor Lab students (ESS and RTI); and RTI writing support groups.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Initial certification by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Current license by the Colorado Board of Occupational Therapy
- Current Colorado Department of Education Related Service Provider certification
- Two years of experience as an Occupational Therapist in a school or pediatric practice setting is preferred.
If you are interested in this Part-Time Occupational Therapist job near Larkspur, CO please send an updated resume to email@example.com or contact me directly at 813-792-3443.
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled