Location: Seattle, WA
Nurse Practitioner - Long Term Care job in Seattle, WA
United Health Care is hiring for a Nurse Practitioner in Seattle, WA for a Long Term Care setting. This is a contract position until Feb 1st with a possible extension to a permanent offer. Shift is Mon-Fri 8a-5p.
Where is the work to be performed?
- LifeCare of Kirkland 10101 NE 120th St Kirkland, WA 98034
- Bothell Health Care 707 228th St SW Bothell, WA 98021
- Travel is required between nursing facilities listed above -- May be other facilities in the general geographic area as needed
- Main office for Seattle is 1633 Westlake Ave N, Suite 105, Seattle, WA 98102
1. Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
2. Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC, AANP or AACN as Adult, Geriatric, Family or Acute Care NP
3. 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse. Prior experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a long term care setting or community setting for a minimum of one year preferred.
4. Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
5. Ability to obtain DEA licensure/prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
6. Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
7. Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
• Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
• Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
• Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
• Home care or home visit experience
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
• Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
1. See patients with Optum insurance in 3-4 nursing homes in the area
2. Manage patient acuity in nursing homes, potentially to their own home if patient is released
3. Manage the care of residents in collaboration with PCP, create treatment plans, prescribe medications
4. Complete Medicare Advantage Assessments and Review Part B and Part A skilling events.
5. As an CPM Nurse Practitioner you will provide care to your caseload of patients. You will be responsible for the delivery of medical care services to a pre-designated group of enrollees
Primary Care Delivery
1. Deliver cost-effective, quality care to assigned members.
2. Manage both medical and behavioral chronic and acute conditions effectively in collaboration with a physician or specialty provider.
3. Perform comprehensive assessments and document findings in a concise/comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation requirements and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations.
4. Responsible for ensuring that all diagnoses are ICD10 coded accurately and documented appropriately to support the diagnosis at that visit
5. The NP is responsible for ensuring that all quality elements are addressed and documented
6. The NP will do an initial medication review, annual medication review and a post-hospitalization medication reconciliation
7. Facilitate agreement and implementation of the member’s plan of care by engaging the facility staff, families/responsible parties, primary and specialty care physicians.
8. Evaluate the effectiveness, necessity and efficiency of the plan, making revisions as needed.
9. Utilizes practice guidelines and protocols established by CPM.
10. May be required to participate in on-call program.
11. Travel between care sites mandatory
12. After hour on call coverage may be required
To get a submission for an interview to this job, please contact Chris Elias at 813-471-0168 or send your resume to Chris.Elias@sunbeltstaffing.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled