Location: Austin, TX
Mental Health Specialist - Austin, Texas
Interviews are being scheduled for a Mental Health Specialist Job for a local school district near Austin, Texas for this year.
Work Hours: 37.5 hours/week
- This position requires knowledge of evidence-based counseling techniques and methods that emphasize practical and immediate applications in the education setting.
- The incumbent must have the ability to interpret a variety of local, state and federal guidelines, laws, and regulations involved in providing mental health services to students with disabilities within the educational setting.
- Good judgment is required to protect the rights of students with disabilities, maintain confidentiality and work within the structure of the school setting.
- Diplomacy and problem- solving abilities are necessary to help the range of students with severe disabilities and the staff served by the incumbent.
- The incumbent must prioritize the needs of many students and multiple campuses and professionally manage time for a variety of demands.
Mental Health Specialist Requirements:
- This position requires a Master’s Degree and be a State licensed mental health professional with an LPC, LMFT or LCSW.
- The incumbent must have a minimum of five (5) years of successful related experience, including three (3) years of counseling. Strongly prefer teaching, special education and/or school experience.
- Must be able to travel during the work day via own transportation.
- Strong preference for candidates who are bilingual in Spanish.
For immediate consideration for the Mental Health Specialist Job, please email your resume and references to the email below or for more information call the Hiring Manager at 813-207-2869.
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled