Location: Chicago, IL
Looking for experienced Infection Prevention Specialist in Illinois
There is a need for Infection Prevention Specialists in Chicago, IL due to the COVID pandemic. Please see job requirements prior to applying for this position.
- Provide follow-up and guidance to skilled nursing facilities with COVID patients.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures relating to Healthcare-associated infections (HAI) prevention and control objectives
- Identifies and monitors nosocomial infections by assisting in the surveillance, analysis, and investigation of infections
- Manages and responds to known or suspected outbreaks of HAIs in local healthcare facilities
- Conducts on-site assessments of healthcare facilities (e.g., examining infection control practices, reviewing protocols to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements, conducting gap analyses)
- Assists healthcare facilities in the development of mitigation strategies and conducts follow up visits to ensure facilities have resolved practices
- Consults with State and Federal agencies to ensure compliance with infection control and reporting practices
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, Epidemiology, Medical or Clinical Laboratory Science, or a directly related field, plus four years of work experience in infection prevention and control management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience provided that the minimum degree requirement is met.
- Must reside in IL
- Must be comfortable working from home and in downtown office locations.
- Required to use own devices such as, phone and laptop.
- M-F (8:30 a-4:30p) Flexibility required
- 6 Month Contract
- Downtown Location/Telework
- Full-Time-35-40 hrs. per week
To be considered for this position, apply or contact:
National Healthcare Consultant
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled