Digital Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Position: Digital Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Location: Indiana (Remote)
- Employment Type: Full-time, Contract
- Experience Level: Entry level to experienced professionals
- Provide virtual instruction and support to K-12 students with mild to moderate hearing impairments.
- Design and implement individualized educational plans, including Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), tailored to the unique needs of each student.
- Harness digital teaching tools and technology to deliver engaging and interactive lessons.
- Collaborate with fellow educators, parents, and educational professionals to enrich the learning experiences of students.
- Conduct assessments and continually monitor student progress, adjusting instructional strategies as necessary.
- Cultivate a positive and inclusive virtual learning environment that fosters academic and social growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Indiana state teaching certification for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (or eligibility to obtain one).
- Previous experience working with students who have mild to moderate hearing impairments.
- Proficiency in virtual teaching platforms and technology.
- Familiarity with assessment tools and a history of developing effective IEPs.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A passion for making a meaningful difference in the lives of students with hearing impairments.
To apply, please submit your updated resume along with a cover letter that highlights your relevant experience to Grace Siebenthal at [email protected].
Join Sunbelt's dynamic team and become an integral part of an inspiring educational journey that empowers students to realize their full potential!
Sunbelt is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. No question on the website is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.