Sunbelt is hiring a Braillist for a school district near Bellevue, WA to serve as an alternative media technician for students with vision impairments in order to provide accessible materials to students with vision impairments.
• 37.5 hours/week
• Part-time available
• Various sites throughout the District
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Transcribe materials including books, workbooks, testing material, and classroom work for students with visual impairments, including tactile maps and graphs into requested format.
• Maintain accurate records of all transcriptions.
• Maintain properly labeled electronic files on all materials to be maintained for future use.
• Manage time to ensure that materials are available when needed by students.
• Make necessary adaptations of materials for students with visual impairments in conjunction with the tsvi.
• Remain current in computer technology as it relates to braille production and interfacing with the student’s braille-related assistive technology.
• Order and maintain an inventory of supplies needed for performance of job duties.
• Maintain a resource file for locating alternative sources of braille, large print, or electronic materials
• Washington State License and Certification Required
For additional information or to apply, please contact Casey Bradford at (813) 776-0384 and send your resume to [email protected].
Sunbelt is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. No question on the website is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.