Location: Fort collins, CO
EEG TECH-Electroencephalographic Technician
- Under indirect supervision and according to departmental procedure, performs quality electroencephalographic recordings.
- Performs all aspects of EEG recordings according to departmental policy and in a professional and personalized manner
- Obtains and documents a general history from all EEG patients which includes a diagnosis and medications 100% of the time.
- Prepares patient and applies electrodes using the international 10-20 system, 100% of the time, and routinely within 30 minutes.
- Recognizes artifacts on EEG recording with an attempt to eliminate from 100% of the time. Requests assistance from Supervisor/EEG lead tech when difficulties are encountered.
- Recognizes abnormalities on EEG and enhances them by utilizing appropriate filter settings, paper speeds and/or monitoring techniques. These measures are taken on 80% of all abnormal EEGs recorded.
- Instigates provocative procedures such as hyperventilation, photic stimulation, and eye opening and closure according to procedure 100% of the time. Documents reasoning on history sheet if not performed.
- Completes a technical description after every EEG recording on the history sheet for review by the Neurologist.
- Prepares recorded EEG for review by Neurologist
- Assists Neurologist in performing EMG procedures according to department policy, and with a focus on patient comfort and physician's needs.
- Prepares patient for nerve conduction studies in a professional manner and as specified by each neurologist, 100% of the time. Requests assistance from Supervisor/Lead tech when preparation instructions are unclear.
- Records accurate latencies and calculations on designated forms in a legible manner for Neurologist 100% of the time.
- Prepares printed results for Neurologist's review
- Performs various other technical services offered within department, according to department policy, and with an awareness of patient's overall needs.
Registration by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologists .
Please contact me directly for more information
Certifications: Certified in CPR
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled