Location: Peoria, IL
Echo Tech need-Illinois
New opportunity in Illinois! Great pay and benefits!
- Echo Technician ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains patient care, comfort and safety during transport to and from the exam room and during the exam.
- Maintains production and quality of exams; documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Addresses problems of patient care as they arise and makes decisions to appropriately resolve the problems.
- Echo Technician perform all requested examinations as ordered by the attending physician; including echocardiography, holter monitoring, tilt table, physiocart, and cardiac stress testing.
- Prepares patient for procedure by positioning patient.
- Provide images to the facility in the desired site format.
- Prepares patients by positioning patient; spreading gels; attaching electrodes to chest and equipment; adjusting equipment controls; verifying wave signals.
- Obtains quality images by positioning and repositioning transducer; monitoring display screen; listening to signals; adjusting equipment for beam strength and focus; detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities; recording images.
- Echo Technician records examination information by printing graphics and data; calculating measurements of heart wall, chamber size, and blood flow direction and velocity; comparing measurements to norms.
- All other duties as assigned
- Current CRT/RRT License or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RCS)
- Current BLS certification (or obtain prior to completion of orientation)
- Certification in Adult Echo
- Up to 2 years experience
- Computer and typing skills
Please contact me directly for more information
Imaging - Echo Travel 02/03/2020
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled