Location: Pound , VA
Corrections (RN) Pound, Virginia
There is a current opening for A Correctional Registered Nurse (RN) in Pound, VA. This state prison is a supermax state prison housing 800 inmates. A correctional Registered Nurse (RN) is a nursing professional that cares for and treats inmates and other detainees in correctional facilities and jails. These Registered Nurse (RN) professionals choose to go behind prison walls every day to attend to the health needs of detainees. They treat perform both routine and emergency medical procedures.
- Provide nursing assessments and interventions including: medical, dental and psychiatric screening.
- Obtain health history, conducted drug and alcohol withdrawal assessments.
- Administer medications, collected specimens, monitored and documented treatment progress and patient response on over 60 patients each shift.
- Perform medical care for emergencies and prioritized care based on acuity.
- Four week assignment with possibility to extend
- Day shift: 5:15a-5:45p
- Night shift: 5:15p-5:45a
- Active VA Registered Nurse (RN) or Compact license
- BLS/ACLS (AHA)
- Ability to pass drug screening and background check
If you are or are interested in becoming a Correctional Registered Nurse, apply for this position or contact:
National Healthcare Consultant
#corrections #correctionalnurse #travelnurse #staysafe #departmentofcorrections #peacekeeper #covid #covidnurse #nurses #nurselife #healthcare #rn #nurseproblems #nursesrock #weloveournurses #sunbeltstaffing #healthcareworkers
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled