Location: Toledo, OH
ARNP Skilled Nursing Facility
There is an open ARNP Skilled Nursing Facility position in Toledo,OH. The ARNP Skilled Nursing Facility will manage the care of patients residing in long term care facilities in the Toledo,OH area for a Medicare Advantage Provider.
- See patients with Optum insurance in 3-4 nursing homes in the area
- Manage patient acuity in nursing homes, potentially to their own home if patient is released
- Manage the care of residents in collaboration with PCP, create treatment plans, prescribe medications
- Complete Medicare Advantage Assessments and Review Part B and Part A skilling events.
- As an CPM Nurse Practitioner you will provide care to your caseload of patients. You will be responsible for the delivery of medical care services to a pre-designated group of enrollees
Primary Care Delivery
- Deliver cost-effective, quality care to assigned members.
- Manage both medical and behavioral chronic and acute conditions effectively in collaboration with a physician or specialty provider.
- Perform comprehensive assessments and document findings in a concise/comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation requirements and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all diagnoses are ICD10 coded accurately and documented appropriately to support the diagnosis at that visit
- The NP is responsible for ensuring that all quality elements are addressed and documented
- The NP will do an initial medication review, annual medication review and a post-hospitalization medication reconciliation
- Facilitate agreement and implementation of the member’s plan of care by engaging the facility staff, families/responsible parties, primary and specialty care physicians.
- Evaluate the effectiveness, necessity and efficiency of the plan, making revisions as needed.
- Utilizes practice guidelines and protocols established by CPM.
- May be required to participate in on-call program.
- Travel between care sites mandatory
- After hour on call coverage may be required
- Understand the Payer/Plan benefits, CPM associate policies, procedures and articulate them effectively to providers, members and key decision-makers.
- Assess the medical necessity/effectiveness of ancillary services to determine the appropriate initiation of benefit events and communicate the process to providers and appropriate team members.
- Coordinate care as members transition through different levels of care and care settings.
- Continually monitor the needs of members and families while facilitating any adjustments to the plan of care as situations and conditions change.
- Review orders and interventions for appropriateness and response to treatment to identify most effective plan of care that aligns with the member’s needs and wishes.
- Evaluate plan of care for cost effectiveness while meeting the needs of members, families and providers to decreases high costs, poor outcomes and unnecessary hospitalizations.
Program Enhancement Expected Behaviors
- Regular and effective communication with internal and external parties including physicians, members, key decision-makers, nursing facilities, CPM staff and other provider groups.
- Actively promote the CPM program in assigned facilities by partnering with key stakeholders (i.e.: internal sales function, provider relations, facility leader) to maintain and develop membership growth.
- Exhibit original thinking and creativity in the development of new and improved methods and approaches to concerns/issues.
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative in achieving individual, team and organizational goals and objectives.
- Participate in CPM quality initiatives.
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC, AANP or AACN as Adult, Geriatric, Family or Acute Care NP
- 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse. Prior experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a long term care setting or community setting for a minimum of one year preferred.
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
- Ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
- Understanding of Geriatrics and Chronic Illness
- Understanding of Advanced Illness and end of life discussions
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
- Shift Start/End Time: Business hours 8-5 M-F
- MSN required
Employment Type: Travel, Contract, Temporary, Full Time,
Please apply or send your resume to Marcus.Everhart@sunbeltstaffing.com along with your best time to be reached interview time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled