Location: Long Beach, CA
TeleTherapy SLP Job Opportunity in Long Beach
We have a Tele- Speech Language Pathologist need. This position calls for a Therapist who is confident and effective working independently, as they will be taking on a caseload for up to 5 days a week. The caseload is children ages, 3-21. We are looking to for someone who can start quickly, and adjusts well. This position is for the current school year, and the workload will be 37.5 hours a week. The caseload consists of various disabilities, and a moderate sized caseload. Candidates must be adaptable and individuals must be “Teachable”. The position is solely TeleTherapy, and although we train all of our Clinicians on how to deliver Speech services, via TeleTherapy candidates have to be tech savvy.
- Administer hearing or speech and language evaluations, tests, or examinations to patients to collect information on type and degree of impairments, using written or oral tests or special instruments, via TeleTherapy.
- Educate students and family members about various topics, such as communication techniques or strategies to cope with or to avoid personal misunderstandings.
- Write reports and maintain proper documentation of information, such as caseload activities, including the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of students.
- Develop or implement treatment plans for problems such as stuttering, delayed language, swallowing disorders, or inappropriate pitch or harsh voice problems, based on own assessments and recommendations of physicians, psychologists, or social workers.
- Monitor students' progress and adjust treatments accordingly
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional skills and professional references. Other necessary skills and attributes include:
- Experience working with children of all ages and with a variety of disorder areas; 3 years of school based experience is required.
- A passion for working with children
- The ability to “connect” with children and parents
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Creativity and flexibility
If you would like to be considered for this job, send a resume to National Hiring Manager, Darrielle Hardge at email@example.com, and for additional questions about this position call (813) 261-2702.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled