Location: Orange Park, FL
Teacher of the Deaf (TDHH) with LSLS Cert near Orange Park, FL - Full or Part-time
We are looking for an experienced Teacher of the Deaf (TDHH) with a Listening and a Spoken Language Specialist Cert. (LSLS), who has the knowledge, experience and compassion to work in a school-based setting. A certified Listening and Spoken Language Specialist can be a Teacher of the Deaf (TDHH), an Audiologist or a Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP).
This position offers 40 hours a week, starting right away for the school year; The district is also receptive to part-time applicants as well.
The hired TDHH with LSLS cert. will provide services to children ranging from Birth through age 7 at one campus, possibly 2 nearby campuses and be very involved in developing a treatment plan for our students.
Some responsibilities include:
- Supporting children with hearing loss to develop spoken language and literacy primarily through listening.
- Guide and coach families to help their children develop spoken language through listening, and help them advocate for their children’s inclusion in mainstream schools.
- Will focus on education, guidance, advocacy family support and use of hearing technology and strategies that promote optimal acquisition of spoken language through listening by newborns, infants, toddlers and children who have a hearing loss.
Must have one of the following to qualify:
- Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS)
- LSLS Certified Auditory-Verbal Therapist (LSLS Cert. AVT)
- LSLS Certified Auditory-Verbal Educator (LSLS Cert. AVEd)
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, and a strong support team.
For immediate consideration on this TDHH with LSLS Cert. job, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call Shonique Watts directly at (813)792-3468.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled