Location: Indianapolis, IN
Special Education Teacher near Indianapolis
I am now hiring for Special Education teachers in the Indianapolis, IN area
Job Summary: Perform duties to instruct students in skills, knowledge, behavior and values as specified by state and federal statutes, the school curriculum and established IEP standards.
- Must have proper Special Education state credentials in the state of Indiana.
- Knowledge/Experience: Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Special Education or related field. Experience working in a behavioral health or educational environment preferred.
- Instructs students in skills, knowledge, behavior and values as specified by state and federal statutes, the school curriculum and established IEP
- Develops and implements new IEPs based on data driven student needs.
- Creates and implements weekly lesson plans based on individual IEP goals, using a variety of instructional materials and techniques.
- Evaluates student’s growth in skills, knowledge, behavior and values; keeps appropriate records and reports progress to parents through conferences, mid-quarter and quarterly reports and other school-approved procedures.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Monitors and maintains accurate and complete classroom and student records as required by state and federal statutes and school policy.
- Documents all incidents of inappropriate student/staff conduct and consults appropriateness with supervisor regarding all incidents.
Full-Time employees have the option to choose from a flexible benefit package including, but not limited to the following:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Lodging/housing assistance
- Travel/mileage reimbursement
- Housing stipends
- Food stipends
- Short term, long term and AD&D insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
Interested in the position? If you are, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com or call 813.261.2255 for consideration for this career opportunity. Be sure to let us know what time is a good time to contact you as well.
Let’s get you hired!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled