Location: St. Louis, MO
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN)
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) - St. Louis, MO
Applicants must meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
A Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university; and, one or more years of professional experience as a Registered Nurse.
A Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university; and, two or more years of professional experience as a Registered Nurse.
An Associate's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university or a Diploma in Nursing; and, three or more years of professional experience as a Registered Nurse.
Possession of a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Missouri or in accordance with Missouri's Nurse Licensure Compact at the time of appointment.
- This description may not include all of the duties, knowledge, skills, or abilities associated with this classification.
- Directs and evaluates the nursing services provided in a multi-ward unit or program, or serves as the facility-wide nursing supervisor on an assigned shift.
- Coordinates, directs, evaluates, and participates in the nursing care of persons with mental or physical illness and/or developmental or physical disabilities; directs and supervises the work of Registered Nurses and other staff.
- Reviews nursing assessments, diagnoses, and care plans and evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions.
- Conducts rounds of unit and/or facility to inspect patient/client care and treatment; reviews clinical records, charts, and progress records, and consults with physicians.
- Develops and reviews individualized treatment plans as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Supervises and trains nursing staff, direct care staff, and nursing students; evaluates performance.
- Works independently with minimum supervision; work is reviewed by supervisors for conformance with established policies and effectiveness of nursing procedures.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
To apply please send your resume and references to:
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled