Location: Austin, TX
Physician Assistant (PA) Case Manager
Sunbelt is seeking a Physician Assistant (PA) Case Manager for a permanent position with a local insurance company in Austin, TX. The ideal candidate has expertise in Geriatric Case Management, Institutional and Home Health Delivery systems and phone triage. The director is ready to review resumes and interview candidates, so please apply today for immediate consideration!
- As a Licensed Health Care Practitioner (PA), determine and certify the functional and cognitive status of long-term care patients in order to assist in the establishment of claim-benefit eligibility and sound Risk Management practices.
- Establish relationships with patients, family members, physicians and other health care providers to accurately assess the patient’s short and long-term care needs and help develop appropriate plans-of-care.
- Provide education, technical direction and recommendation to claims personnel based on a thorough review of comprehensive medical records, attending physician statements, benefit evaluation assessments, clinical tests and plans of care.
- Ensure continuity and consistency of the medical management of all assigned claims.
- Coordinate case management activities with in-house personnel, legal counsel, as well as outside vendors/consultants as appropriate.
- Monitor the quality and consistency of outside care coordination vendors and address any problems or issues as they arise.
- Provide clinical expertise in identifying and selecting outside vendors and/or technology that will enhance the claims department’s effectiveness and efficiency.
Qualification and Skills:
- PA Certification and 3+ yrs. experience in geriatric health care required.
- Candidate must be certified or in the process of becoming certified in one or more of the following designation programs: CCM, CRC, CRRN, COHN, CDMS.
- Candidate must possess broad knowledge of medical terminology, physiology, and surgical/non-surgical procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to organize and manage a large patient caseload with complex care needs are essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance policy contract language and clinical/geriatric care coordination management experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with supervising or managing direct reports preferred.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p,
To learn more about this Physician Assistant (PA) Case Manager job opening in Austin, TX, please apply today with a current resume and supervisory references to:
Brittany Elansky National Hiring Manager
813-471-0155 | email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled