Location: Smyrna, TN
Nurse Practitioner part-time job in Smyrna, TN
Seeking a qualified, professional and independent Nurse Practitioner for a part-time position with the state of Tennessee in Smyrna. This is a long-term position with a guaranteed 24 hours a week, 8am-4:30pm, 3 days a week.
Job description for the Family Nurse Practitioner
- Maintain a current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Tennessee and provide the state a copy of each license renewal within 5 days of receipt.
- Be registered with Tenncare (in order to provide prescriptions to students who have Tenncare for health insurance).
- Maintain a current DEA registration and certificate and a current Healthcare Provider CPR certification and shall provide the State a copy of each certificate renewal within 5 business days of receipt.
- Routinely work 12 to 16 hours (divided between two days per week) according to a schedule prescribed by the State. The State reserves the right to modify the weekly schedule to accommodate a larger or smaller patient workload, with a notice of the schedule modification provided to the physician no less than 24 hours prior.
- Personally read and respond to all emails, as appropriate, that are received on state computer system.
- Write orders for medical discharges or medical leave as needed.
- Review Medication Administration Records (MAR’s) in accordance with current policy/protocol.
- Attend the Utilization Review Committee Meeting on a monthly basis, which is usually held the 3rd Thursday of each month at 10:00am.
- Provide medical healthcare services to the students who may possess a wide variety of physical, mental and emotional disabilities including, but not limited to, medical screenings, medical evaluations, medical consultation, counseling, teaching and prescribing medications as indicated.
- Review medical records for clients pending admission to the program to determine the appropriateness of accepting them into a program.
- Complete a comprehensive physical on all clients who are entering rehabilitation evaluation and training programs, with a focus on identifying functional capacities and limitations. Evaluate and treat acute illnesses of the clients and monitor chronic medical conditions, treating as appropriate.
- Advise the nursing and other staff regarding skills and techniques of caring for clients with various medical conditions.
- Provide ongoing verbal case consultation to the field staff regarding individual clients, including recommending services requisite to improving a client’s chances for successful employment.
- Be available for consultation regarding the students’ healthcare matters by phone 24 hours per day, seven days per week and shall respond to phone calls by the staff within 30 minutes of receipt.
- Review, as necessary, current policies described in the Policy Manual and medical protocols regarding nursing care of clients as described in the Student Health Protocol Manual, to ensure that these policies and protocols are consistent with current standards of practice.
- When implementing new medical procedures and protocols, and at the request of the State, conduct training activities with nursing and/or other center staff.
- At the request of the State, develop and present medically related professional development programs as needed to address client needs for the nursing and program staff.
- Consult with the staff, outside physicians, specialty physicians, and/or parents/conservators to advise regarding a client’s medical needs. In addition, report any clinical issue or problem to the Director of Nursing and/or their designee.
- Review client’s MAR during each office visit and/or chart review.
- Work with an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team to communicate, plan, coordinate, and deliver needed individualized services to clients in a manner that adheres to current standards of medical practice, and conveys respect and professionalism.
- Communicate directly with other physicians who provide services to clients when there is a conflict with a client’s medication or treatment plan.
- Arrive promptly as scheduled to conduct clinic duties and to attend meetings.
- Be appropriately attired in a manner that contributes to projecting an image of quality and professionalism, and shall wear an authorized identification nametag.
For more information or to apply for the Nurse Practitioner job in Smyrna, TN, please send your resume to email@example.com or call (813)792-3438.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled