Location: Mt Morris, MI
Mt Morris, MI School Social Worker Job
Sunbelt Staffing has recently partnered with a local Michigan School District to hire a full-time School Social Worker for the school year. The positions offers 40 hours a week working with K-12th grade students with a full range of mostly mild to moderate disabilities.
Some responsibilities include:
- Prepare and maintain a cumulative counseling record for each student
- Plan and conduct individual and group counseling sessions to address social, emotional, behavioral needs including: social skills development, gender identity development, grief counseling, relationship counseling, mental health care, emotional regulation, etc.
- Work with students who have counseling minutes as outlined on their IEPS and maintain current special education paperwork in compliance with due process requirements
- Manage mental health emergencies as outlined in school policy. Situations may include the need to utilize emergency services, contact Hennepin County Care and Protection, and coordinate outside mental health support services
- Participate in the development of crisis prevention and management plans for the school
All applicants must have an active Michigan School Social Worker License to qualify. Special consideration will be given to applicants with a minimum of 2 years in a high-need school with demonstrated student results.
Sunbelt offers a competitive compensation package, a full suite of benefits and a supportive team that serves as an advocate for you while in the field.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Shonique.Watts@SunbeltStaffing.com or call this National Hiring Manager directly at (813)792-3468
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled