Location: Falls Church, VA
Manager of Psychiatric Nursing (RN) - Adolescent Unit Direct Hire Job in Falls Church, VA
Reporting to the Director of Adolescent, the Nurse Manager will serve a leadership role in management of clinical and administrative needs within youth services. The Nurse Manager will play a central role in the management of clinical services and on-site support of staff. Duties will include supervision to all clinical staff on best clinical practices and within organizational policy. Other duties will include unit scheduling of staff assigned to the adolescent unit. Nurse Manager will serves as a role model to staff by champions service excellence initiatives and behaviors.
- Collaborates with Adolescent Director for all overall planning of each unit.
- Develops an effective plan for delivery of care within the assigned area.
- Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary team
- Coordinates daily schedule
- Able to problem solve i.e. staff member calls out sick & schedule needs to be rearranged
- Implements evidence based practices into nursing care
- Serves as a resource for all members of the interdisciplinary team
- Serves as initial point of contact for patient and staff crises
- Role models the use of recovery and trauma informed care principles to manage psychiatric emergencies
- Conducts evaluations of staff
- Conducts groups as appropriate
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required.
- Current Licensure as RN in Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State
- CPR-BLS for healthcare providers required. Crisis Prevention Interventions (CPI) required as a part of the general hospital orientation.
- 3 plus years of clinical experience specifically in a Behavioral Health environment.
- 2 plus years of management in a clinical setting highly desirable
This full time direct hire job in Falls Church, Virginia offers a strong compensation package and benefits plan. Sign on bonus and relocation package potential for qualified candidates.
For immediate consideration for this job please submit your resume to:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled