Location: Marriottsville, MD
K-12 Itinerant Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Sunbelt Staffing is scheduling immediate interviews for a Teacher of the Visually Impaired near Marriottsville, Maryland.
- 35 hours per week, for the full school year
- Itinerant, working with individuals from age of 3 through 21 at multiple sites, with visual impairment ranging from moderate to profound
- Caseloads typically average 12 to 18 students
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to testing and evaluations, adapting curriculum, assessment of environment for potential physical hazards, providing Braille instruction, and supporting VI technology
- Active Maryland State Department of Education Certification as Teacher of the Visually Inpaired
- Recent experience working with visually impaired individuals in an academic setting
- Braille fluency
- Knowledge of technology designed to assist the visually impaired
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
We are receptive to a strong new grad with proper certification, relevant experience, and exceptional skills. This supportive district is looking forward to welcoming a new TVI to the team for the upcoming school year, offering long term potential for the right fit!
For immediate consideration, please contact:
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled