Location: Minneapolis, MN
High School Special Education TeacherJob in Minneapolis, MN
A MN School district is seeking to hire a permanent High School Special Education Teacher.
This Teacher will be charged with providing a rigorous, fast-paced, and highly structured learning environment for our scholars. The High School Special Education Teacher will provide direct instruction to students with identified special education needs and strategically support the general education staff with implementation of Individualized Education Plans. The Special Education Teacher will work under the direction of the Principal and Assistant Principal and in collaboration with classroom Teachers.
Candidates that are selected for an interview will receive additional information regarding the specific roles and responsibilities for the position. This is a full-time, permanent position with the district, starting right away.
- MN Teaching License: Special Education EBD, LD, or ABAS (dual license preferred)
- Knowledge of Special Education law and Due Process compliance
- Experience working with students with learning and emotional-behavioral needs
- Knowledge of writing and implementing IEPs
- Knowledge of MN EBD and/or SLD criteria and the evaluation process including: conducting Functional Behavior Assessments; understanding the use of Positive Behavior Supports; knowledge of how to write a Behavior Intervention Plan
- Training or willingness to be trained in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
- Experience working with students of color or students growing up in low-income households
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build trust with colleagues, students, and families
- An ability to lead and to follow
- Excellent judgment in decision-making
- A willingness to go above and beyond to do whatever it takes to ensure the highest level of service for our scholars
- A minimum of two years teaching in a high-need school
- Licensure in specific learning disabilities (LD), behavior/emotional disorders (EBD) and autism spectrum disorders or academic behavior strategist licensure (ABAS).
- Bilingual (Oromo, Amharic, Spanish, Somali, and / or Hmong) OR Monolingual
Salary for this position is competitive and based on prior experience. The district offers a collaborative and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, life, and retirement.
For immediate consideration on this High School Special Education Teacher Job near Minneapolis, MN, email resume and cover letter to Shonique.Watts@sunbeltstaffing.com or call this Hiring Manager directly at (813)792-3468
National Hiring Manager
Local: (813) 792-3468
Fax: (877) 831-8511
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled