Location: Durand, MI
Durand, MI Full-time School Social Worker Job
A Michigan School District is currently seeking to hire two hard-working, passionate, equity driven professionals. We are looking to hire a full-time School Social Worker to join our team for the school year. This is an opportunity to join a team of motivated, mission-driven teammates who are committed to taking responsibility for their students’ learning. In these role you will work under the guidance of the School Principal and in collaboration with classroom Teachers. You will help to foster a school environment that prepares every student for success in college and in life.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and maintain a cumulative counseling record for each student
- Plan and conduct individual and group counseling sessions to address social, emotional, behavioral needs including: social skills development, gender identity development, grief counseling, relationship counseling, mental health care, emotional regulation, etc.
- Work with students who have counseling minutes as outlined on their IEPS and maintain current special education paperwork in compliance with due process requirements
- Manage mental health emergencies as outlined in school policy.
- Participate in the development of crisis prevention and management plans for the school
- Report and refer critical incidents that jeopardize student well-being as obligated by law, administrative regulations, or ethical standards
- Stay apprised of all state regulations relating to incident reporting and documentation
- Serve as a resource to staff on supporting specific students in the classroom by modeling interventions and offering clinical insight, as well as identifying and reporting child abuse
- Act as a referral source to families for outside services which may include: outside therapy, health insurance, housing, legal advice, medical services, and utilities
- Collaborate with the Director of Student Support Services to coordinate the scheduling and service provided by contracted therapist
- Michigan Social Worker License
- A minimum of 2 years of schools or pediatric experience with demonstrated student results
- Experience working with diverse student population or students growing up in historically marginalized communities
- A willingness to go above and beyond to do whatever it takes to ensure the highest level of service for our scholars
- Ability to navigate complex challenges with a results-oriented mindset
- Ability to work under pressure; meet inflexible deadlines; set priorities; deal diplomatically with difficult individuals; and supervise others
Sunbelt Staffing does offer a full suite of benefits along with an excellent compensation package.
For immediate consideration on this School Social Worker Job near Durand, MI, email your resume and cover letter to Shonique.Watts@sunbeltstaffing.com or call this National Hiring Manager directly at (813)792-3468
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled