Location: San Jose, CA
Director of Surgical Services - San Jose, California
The following is a list of the essential functions of the position:
* Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
* Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
* Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
* Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
* Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
* Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
* Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
* Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
* Participate in employee and patient rounding. Identifies and mentor potential future leaders.
* Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
* Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
* Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety.
* Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
* Responsible for departments operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
* Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
* Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy.
* Monitors and responds to quality event reporting.
*Bachelor's degree Required, Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field Preferred
*3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
*3+ years of experience in a leadership role Highly Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training
*Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation Required
*Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Preferred
*Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) Preferred
For more information please forward your resume to:
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled