Location: Kansas City, MO
Director of Emergency Services - Kansas City, MO
Full-time, No Weekends
The Director Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
Research Medical Center - Emergency Department
• 50,000 ED Visits/year
• Level I Trauma Center
• Be the leader of a highly engaged and passionate team
• Drive phenomenal clinical practice and patient experience
Note: The following is a list of the essential functions of the job. Most positions can be described in 6-8 major responsibility areas. Combine minor or occasional duties in one last statement. Do not include a duty which occupies 5% or less of the target job’s time unless it is an essential part of the job.
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
• Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
• Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
• Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
• Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Education & Experience:
•Bachelor's degree Nursing required, Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related preferred
•3+ years of experience in emergency services required, 3+ years of experience in a director leadership role preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
• Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
•Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
To apply, please contact me immediately!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled