The State of Texas is hiring a Call Sick Registered Nurse for a minimum of a six month long contract in Mexia. This position is Monday-Friday 9a-5pm with a minimum of 40 hours a week guaranteed. Applicants must be able to document in EMR with at least two years of nursing experience as a Registered Nurse is preferred. Compact or Texas state license and BLS are required.
- Performs routine nursing work. Work involves providing for the assessment, care and treatment of patients. May train others. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Works under the supervision of the Nurse Manager IV. The Unit RN II may assign nursing responsibilities to the Unit LVN in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act. The responsibility of the Unit RN is to provide for and supervise the professional nursing care of the individuals who reside in a state school setting. The Unit RN is available to unit personnel to make nursing decisions on a 24-hour basis. She/he is a member of the professional team and shares responsibility with other team members for the development of the individual’s program. Work involves communication skills, i.e. relaying information to other team members, physicians, nurses; data entry, documentation, completing reports, maintaining personnel records, supervisory duties, and following all facility rules/policies. Provide treatment to HHS employees injured in course and scope of employment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Administers medications, immunizations, and treatment and observes patients for unusual symptoms and reactions, and documents in electronic health records.
2. Conducts physical assessments of patient health needs and implements appropriate action.
3. Implements and monitors case management service plans.
4. Instructs and assists patients in meeting their health care needs.
5. Prepares, maintains, and reviews patient records and patient assessments.
6. May participate in quality assurance reviews.
7. Performs related work as assigned.
8. Complies with all State/Federal/Local standards; Facility Policy, ICF Standards, and Texas Nurse Practice Act.
9. Locates, transports, and handles client records.
10. Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
11. Provide treatment to HHS employees injured in course and scope of employment.
Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
Knowledge Skills Abilities: Knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures; of health care laws and regulations; of medical diagnoses and procedures; of accepted medical treatment programs; and of community health and nursing care principles, practices, and procedures. Ability to provide patient care, to prepare and maintain records, to explain public health law, and to communicate effectively. Must maintain current CPR certification. Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
- Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas (or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact)
- Two or more years nursing experience preferred (if newly licensed RN, LVN experience may be considered to meet qualification)
- Nursing experience in ER and Med/Surg preferred
For more information, please send your resume and references to michele.tagliarini@sunbeltstaffing,com or call (813)792-3438.
National Hiring Manager