Location: Maury, NC
Corrections - Mental Health LPN job in Maury, NC
Accepting applications for a Mental Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) job in a correctional facility in Maury, NC. This is a 13 week assignment with possible extension, shifts may very. Applicants must be comfortable in a secure lock-day setting with at least one full year of experience as an LPN.
Requirements for the Correctional LPN:
- BLS (AHA)
- North Carolina or Compact licensure
- 1 year experience
Job Duties for the Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN):
1. Licensed to practice as a Licenses Practical Nurse in the State of North Carolina with at least one (1) year of clinical experience.
2. Participate in assessing patient’s mental and physical health, and documenting and reporting the results of the nursing assessment to the registered nurse or physician, or physician extender as appropriate.
3. Participate in the implementation of the healthcare plan, reinforcing teaching or counseling by a licensed physician or registered nurse, as well as documenting and reporting the nursing care rendered and the patient’s response to care.
4. Participate in inmate sick call as directed, using approved Nursing Protocols, under the supervision of a registered nurse.
5. Assist the unit physician or physician extender with sick call.
6. Conduct segregation checks under the supervision of a registered nurse a minimum of three times per week or more as directed by the facility’s standard operating procedure.
7. Prepare medical records for transferring, including following the policies and procedures for medication transfer in the Department.
8. Comply with all applicable regulations regarding administering and procuring pharmaceuticals, and recording the administration of medications and treatments, as well as administering prescription medications as delegated by the immediate nurse supervisor.
9. Ensure that all treatments and medications are fully documented in the patient’s health record.
10. Ensure proper organization and maintenance of health records in accordance with the facility policies and the Health Care Policy and Procedure Manual.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervising nurse.
12. Be accountable to the Director of Nursing or Designee.
To inquire more information or to apply for the Correctional Mental Health LPN job in Maury, NC, please send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 792-3438.
National Hiring Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled